- Download and Install mTurk Command Line Tools (https://requestersandbox.mturk.com/developer/tools/clt)
- Download your Results file from the Manage tab on MTurk
- On a new sheet, create the following columns that will read the info from the results sheet:
- Bonus (a value you should enter)
- Reason (a value you should enter)
- Then, create a formula that combines these values to the following format:
grantBonus –workerId [WorkerID] –amount [Bonus Amount, in Dollars] –assignment [AssignmentID] –reason [Reason for Bonus, in quotation marks]
The formula should be something like:
="grantbonus "&"-workerid "&A2&" -amount "&B2&" -assignment "&C2&" -reason "&D2
The result of the formula should be like this, for example:
grantBonus –workerId A3C4G8DMXFG5PQ –amount 0.25 –assignment ZYJZWSCAT0DZRFY5KYP00S0ZS8Y5H0NZR9YAMY1Z –reason "Good job"
- Populate the columns and formula with all the rows you need
- Copy and paste all of the populated formula rows into the Command Line Tool.The commands will run automatically, except for the last row. You will need to push enter one more time to run the last command.
- You should get a message saying "bonus assigned to worker X" after each row
- Note: If you get an error message that says you need to be on a secure connection for the commands to run, go to the “bin” folder within the mTurk program folder (which should be something like “mech-turk-tools-1.3.0” unless you named it something else). Open “mturk.properties” as a text file, and replace anything that says “http” with “https.”
- If you want to check that the workers got the bonuses, you should go the Manage HITs Individually on MTurk, find your HIT, and click on Review Submissions. The bonus should appear below each worker's row.
Thursday, July 26, 2012
Bulk bonuses on MTurk
We (my RA Rob and I) found a way to give bonuses to multiple workers at a time. Here's how you can do it: